Saturday, September 09, 2006

ESPN Has Gone Too Far

I'm pretty sure my brain just imploded. College GameDay just started off a segment that showed how great of an athlete Bo Jackson was. No problem there, but what does Bo Jackson have to do with anything this weekend? Obviously, it was to compare him to Jeff Samardzija. What!? You're comparing the greatest athlete (running back, center fielder, decathlete) of modern times (who also happend to be a Heisman Trophy winner, remember that ESPN researcher?) to a wide receiver/pitcher? Please. I don't know if I have ever seen a more asinine comparison on national television. Samardzija is a good player, but he couldn't be Bo's bathroom attendant. Can you imagine how upset I would be if Bo actually went to a Pac-10 school? Just ridiculous. Doesn't ESPN have quality control? How could this happen? I just don't get it. So to you ESPN, in the immortal words of one Vin Scully, Bo Jackson says "hello?!"

No comments: